Fahrradtour in Berlin
Berlin is one of the most amazing, exciting, modern, fashionable, and awesome cities in the world. There are so many points of interest and so many sights to visit. Our suggestion is to go on a cycling tour.
Berlin is one of the most amazing, exciting, modern, fashionable, and awesome cities in the world. It has it all: historic sites, mixed cultures, nightlife, museums, modern and antique art and so on. It is a kind of place that matches all sorts of tastes. For that reason, the city does entertain any tourist: seniors, families with kids, families with teenagers, nightlifers, GLS, culture voyagers. Not to mention history researchers. Definitely, it is worth a visit!
Go on a Cycling Tour around Berlin!
Any visitor should take a city tour or sightseeing. There are so many points of interest, and so many sights to visit. It is not a bad idea to contact a local travel agency or take that a hop on–hop off bus for a standard itinerary. Indeed, there are many ways to do it. Our suggestion, however, is to go on a cycling tour. A bike tour has many advantages anywhere. In Berlin, the benefits are even stronger. Firstly the city is primarily flat; you won’t cycle ascents. Second, the city has an extensive network of bicycle paths. Bicycle riders are allowed to take their bicycles on Metro trains. When on a cycling tour, tourists can have a closer look at the city’s neighborhoods, streets, shops, restaurants, bars, and cafés. Sometimes you suddenly find that hidden café that you’ve read on the city guide (or that a friend told you about).
As mentioned above, you can contact a local bicycle tour company, which will save you time and will guide you through the Berliner history, or you can organize it by yourself. If you are planning to do it by yourself, it is better to have your homework done to set an itinerary.
Here are some points of interest to help you prepare your plan.
- Brandenburger Tor – A former city gate, the Brandenburg Gate is the well-known landmark of Germany. Throughout its existence, it was often the site for major historical events. It locates at the junction of Unter den Linden and Ebertstrasse.
- The Reichstag Building – Stands one block south to the Brandenburg Gate. Since 1999 is the meeting place of the German parliament.
- Siegessäule – The Victory Column is a monument located at Grosser Stern (Great Star) in the center of Tiergarten. There is a beautiful view of the park and the city from the top.
- Tiergarten – Located in central Berlin is an urban public park. It is the second more extensive urban garden of Germany with 210 hectares and contains several notable sculptures.
- Berliner Dom – The Berlin Cathedral history dates back to 15thCentury, located at Am Lustgarten.
- CheckPoint Charlie – The Best-known Berlin Wall crossing point between East Berlin and West Berlin located at the junction between Friedrich Strasse and Zimmer Strasse.
- Berlin Wall Memorial –Central memorial site of German division situated at the historic location on Bernauer Strasse. The memorial contains the last pieces of Berlin Wall, the Chapel of Reconciliation, among other monuments. An open-air exhibition explains the history of the division.
- Museum Island – Is the complex of five outstanding museums, part of the Berlin State Museums. It is the northern tip of an island in the Spree River.
- Soviet War Memorial – Located in Treptower Park is a war memorial and military cemetery. A little bit far from the others central located attractions.
These are just a small sample of points of interest in Berlin. There is, though, much more to visit, see and feel it as per your interests. Grab your bike, get prepared for a cycling tour, have a look at the map and hit the road!